Thank you for your interest in becoming a County Library presenter. As a promoter of lifelong learning, The County Library regularly seeks new, fun, informative and innovative programs for our communities.
The mission of The County Library is to make a positive difference in the lives of our community by inspiring imagination, satisfying curiosity and providing a great place for everyone to visit.
- Application Criteria
Presenters will be expected to share their programs at any of our 18 County Library locations throughout the calendar year. Demand and frequency of presentations may vary.
All programs must be free to the public and open to all.
Areas of consideration include:
- Presentation skills
- Availability – including the flexibility to schedule programs during daytime, evenings, and Saturdays
- Experience – prior presentation experience in libraries or other learning environments
- Cost – presenter/program fee
Applications may be submitted at any time.
NOTE: Tutoring sessions, private music lessons or other private, social, and/or for-profit activities; the selling of products or services; and/or anyone compiling customer databases, do not qualify as Library presenters.
- Selection Process
Applicants who meet the outlined criteria will be invited to present their program, free of charge, at one of our branches. The presenter and program will be evaluated by staff and the public. To be added to our menu of programming options, presenters and programs must demonstrate the application criteria detailed above and receive positive evaluations.
If you are an author interested in offering a book presentation or signing, please note the following:
- Books must be published at the time of presentation.
- Books must be included in the library’s catalog. To be considered for purchase, please Submit Your Title.
- Author presentations are arranged dependent on: demand/circulation, fan base, and availability, among other factors.
- In the application below, please include both your name, the name of your book, when it was published, and what type of event (talk/presentation/signing, etc.).
There are no guarantees that a selected program or presenter will, subsequently, be selected or scheduled by our branches.
- Program Information
The majority of Library programs are 45-90 minutes.
- Library program priorities include, but are not limited to:
- Early literacy
- Lifelong Learning
- Family friendly
Programs that involve crafts, activities, movement and audience participation are preferred.
Many programs may be grouped within a month or quarter throughout the year.
In order to receive payment, Library presenters must have a Business PayPal account. Programs must be invoiced after they are presented.
For more information or if you have questions, please call Customer Service: 801.943.4636.