Free and low-cost activities going on all summer to keep your family enriched and engaged with the ZAP Kids Summer Passport.
Discover the power of togetherness
Discover the power of togetherness as you read, create, learn, play, and connect your way to prizes and discounted activities all summer long!
Summer Reading is an all-ages challenge to have fun and promote kindness and unity while earning books and other prizes in the process. Finishers also receive free and/or discounted admission to parks, museums, zoos, and more!
How to participate
- Pick up a reading record at your local branch or register and track online
- Log your reading and activities
- Return your completed reading record to any County Library branch for:
- A book of your choice
- Entry into a drawing
- A coupon sheet for local attractions
- Have fun!
Keep the summer fun going and earn even more chances to win!
- Pick up a bonus activity card at your local branch.
- Complete the activities listed and check them off as you go. Each checkmark earns you one drawing entry.
- Complete at least five activities to receive a free book. Limit one per bonus card.
- Return your bonus card to get stamped and receive your book.
- Why participate?
Here are some reasons you, your friends, and your family should participate in the Summer Reading Challenge:
- Reading benefits everyone, regardless of age
- Reading over the summer increases test scores
- Earning prizes with your friends and family is fun!
- Setting and achieving reading goals gives you a sense of accomplishment
- Continue your summer adventure
- Thank you to our partners