November is National Family Caregivers Month – a time to celebrate and support those who provide care to a loved one. Most adults prefer to age at home with a caregiver, and two out of every five adults are family caregivers. Caregiving affects the whole family, and providing for a loved one at home requires a unique set of skills and services. For additional caregiving information and community resources, contact Salt Lake County Aging Services: 385-468-3280 or visit slco.org/aging
Create your own toy, puppet and surprise using the art of origami by folding paper. The Orgami Lady will show you how to turn simple pieces of paper into fun objects to celebrate the holidays.
- Draper LibraryFriday, October 9, 4:00 p.m.
- Smith librarySaturday, October 10, 11:00 a.m.
- Herriman LibrarySaturday, November 14, 11:00 a.m.
- Magna LibraryMonday, November 23, 7:00 p.m.
The bear has a lovely long tail that the fox is jealous of, so he thinks of a way to trick Mr. Bear out of his tail. "Just go put your tail in the lake," he says, "and you will catch all the crawdads you could ever want." So Mr. Bear sits with his tail in the lake, waiting and waiting for the crawdads to come. Something is certainly stinging his tail.
- Sandy LibraryMonday, November 2, 11:15 a.m. & 1:15 p.m.
- Draper LibraryThursday, November 5, 10:15 a.m. & 1:15 p.m.
- South Jordan LibraryMonday, November 9, 6:30 p.m.
- West Jordan LibraryMonday, November 16, 11:00 a.m.
- Riverton LibraryTuesday, November 17, 10:30 a.m.
- Riverton LibraryWednesday, November 18, 10:30 a.m.
- Riverton LibraryTuesday, November 19, 1:00 p.m.
Adventures, activities and action-packed fun geared just for guys! Join us for a great new theme each month based on books boys love. Check your neighborhood library's calendar to find fun events happening near you. For boys age 7-11.
Join us for lively discussions, activities, friendship and fun! Visit your neighborhood library's calendar for a detailed schedule of book discussions and activities. For girls ages 8–12, accompanied by mom or other caring adult. No younger siblings please.