Applications are closed at this time. The application process is online only and is open October 1-31 of each year.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Salt Lake County Library Services presenter. As a promoter of lifelong learning, the County Library regularly seeks new, fun, informative and innovative programs for our communities.
The mission of Salt Lake County Library Services is to make a positive, transformative difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Presenters and programs that support this mission are a priority to us.
Presenters will be expected to share their programs at any of our 18 County Library locations throughout the calendar year. Demand and frequency of presentations may vary.
All programs must be free to the public and open to all.
Areas of consideration include:
- Presentation skills
- Availability – including the flexibility to schedule programs during daytime, evenings, and Saturdays
- Experience – prior presentation experience in libraries or other learning environments
- Cost – presenter/program fee
NOTE: In accordance with Library policy, tutoring sessions, private music lessons or other private, social, and/or for-profit activities; the selling of products or services; and/or anyone compiling customer databases, do not qualify as Library presenters.
Applications are reviewed November of each year. Applicants who meet the outlined criteria will be invited to present their program, free of charge, at one of our branches in December. The presenter and program will be evaluated by staff and the public. Presenters and programs who demonstrate outlined criteria and receive positive evaluations will be added to our menu of programming options.
There are no guarantees that a particular program being offered will be selected by any branches or that additional future programs will be scheduled.
- The majority of Library programs are 45-90 minutes
- Library program priorities include, but are not limited to:
- Early literacy
- Lifelong Learning
- Family friendly
- Programs that involve crafts, activities, movement and audience participation are preferred
- Many programs may be grouped within a month or quarter throughout the year
In order to receive payment, Library presenters must have a Business PayPal account. Programs must be invoiced after they are presented.
For more information or if you have questions, please call Customer Service: 801.943.4636