Music on the Go Instructions
Browse these Music on the Go Details and Instructions
- Music on the Go Instructions
- Music on the Go FAQ's
Call Customer Service
during normal business hours
Welcome to Salt Lake County Library’s Music on the Go. Here are a few details and instructions.
Freegal Music is a free and legal downloadable music service.
Freegal Music offers a variety of music, for recordings available from Sony Music Entertainment labels only, including Artista, Columbia, RCA and more. Songs from other music labels, such as Beatles recordings from Apple Records are NOT AVAILABLE through Freegal. You can download and listen from a computer or portable devices. Access is available to Salt Lake County Library patrons in good standing.
|DOWNLOAD METHOD||CHECKOUT PERIOD||CHECKOUT LIMIT||MAX NUMBER OF HOLDS|
|Freegal||Download directly from Freegal site||Indefinitely||3 songs per week||No holds needed|
1) What do I need to use Music on the Go?
- A valid Salt Lake County Library Card
- A Windows or Macintosh Computer with Internet connection
- A portable device that plays MP3 formatted files – (optional)
- Find a title to download on Freegal site
2) Log in using your SLCO library card number & PIN.
3) Search at the Freegal Music site.
- Enter your search term in the Search Box. (NOTE: Try looking under "T" for bands that begin with the word "The)
- Or, use Advanced Search for Artist, Song, Album, or Genre.
- Or, Browse the Genre, Featured Artist, or Newly Added lists.
4) Download & Save.
- Select Download Now and SAVE to your computer.
- Play the song on your computer in the folder you downloaded to.
- Or, transfer the song to a portable device.
... continue on to Music on the Go FAQ's