Libraries in Utah and all over the world participate in Interlibrary Loan in a cooperative effort to lend materials to you through your local library. This service is used to borrow items that Salt Lake County Library Services does not have in its collection; however, they may be available at another participating library. Receipt of an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) at your library can take from one to eight weeks.
Watch the video (4 min.)
OR follow these steps
- Search for your item in the Salt Lake County Libraries Catalog
- If no matches were found in the library catalog? Click the link "Click here to see x result(s) found in other library catalogs." Skip to step 2.
- If you found items, but the Library does not have your item? Choose the link “Borrow From Another Library (Interlibrary Loan)”
- Check the "Borrow From Another Library (Interlibrary Loan)" box
- Choose "Continue"
- When done retrieving results, click "Add Pending Results"
- When you find the title you want, place a hold
- The item will appear in your holds list in your library account
- You may only borrow 5 items at a time
- Your account must be in good standing
- We do not borrow titles:
- owned by Salt Lake County Library Services
- published in the last 12 months
- electronic items
- text books
Libraries in Utah and all over the world participate in Interlibrary Loan in a cooperative effort to lend materials to you through your local library. This service is used to borrow items that Salt Lake County Library Services does not have in its collection: however, may be available at another participating library. Receipt of an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) at your library can take from one to eight weeks.
When you request to Borrow from Another Library through Interlibrary Loan in our catalog you have access to more than 2 billion items from libraries around the world.
You may have 5 ILL requests at a time. You may request additional ILL titles when you have fewer than 5 titles in your library account, or a request is cancelled.
You will be notified by the same method used to notify you of a library book to pickup. You have the choice of email, text, or phone notices.
You select the pickup location when you place the hold. Typically these items are held behind the Check Out Desk. Staff assistance is required to check out your ILL hold.
If we are unable to borrow an item after 2 months of trying, we will cancel your ILL request. We will leave the cancelled request on your account.
ILL requests can be cancelled from the Holds list in your library catalog account.
ILL requests cannot be suspended or reactivated
Generally we are able to obtain a book within 2 – 4 weeks. However, it can take up to 8 weeks for an ILL item to arrive.
Loan periods are determined by the owning library, so can vary. You will be informed of the due date when you pickup the item.
We are borrowing items from other libraries. We need to return those items within a reasonable amount of time to continue to be able to provide this service. If you are requesting a renewal, call Customer Service at 801-943-4636 at least three days before the due date.
Types of Materials
No, movies/DVDs and CDs are not available.
No, if the book has been published in the last 12 months, we are unable to borrow it. We are unable to find a library willing to lend their newest books outside their system. You may request that Salt Lake County Library Services purchase new titles that we do not have by completing this form.
- Items published in the last 12 months.
- Items owned by Salt Lake County Library (unless all copies are lost or missing).
- Bound periodicals. We will request photocopies or microform.
- Books printed before 1800. We will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
- Ebooks and downloadable audio.
Why can't I place my ILL request?
- Your account has reached the limit of 5 ILL requests.
- Items you have checked out are overdue. Renew your items.
- Your account has a balance of more than $10. Pay your fines and fees online.
- Your account has a message. View your account. Staff assistance may be needed, Contact Customer Service.
- Your account may have expired. Contact Customer Service.