West Jordan, Utah 84088
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- The new West Jordan Library is located on the South side of Veterans Memorial Park. The West Jordan library shares the facility with Salt Lake County Library System's Administration and the Viridian Event Center, the exciting community gathering place.
- The West Jordan library is close to the West Jordan City Center trax and bus lines F578, F590, 217 and 218.
- 26 computers w/Internet, Microsoft Office and Printing. Four computers in the children's area.
- Free WiFi.
- The West Jordan library has an excellent collection of cookbooks as well as new urban homesteading collection for guidance with your backyard chickens.
- The West Jordan library has two small meeting conference rooms available for meetings or study groups.
- The West Jordan library has study areas throughout the library's perimeter .
- Spanish Collection.
Energy & Environmental Design
This new center was designed for world class energy savings, minimal environment impact, and conservation of resources. Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) is a set of sustainable principles that can be used to ensure new buildings are designed and constructed with relevant environmental considerations. The center is in the process of being evaluated for the LEED Gold level which is the second highest certification awarded by the LEED organization.
The Viridian West Jordan Library & Event Center energy production, its energy consumption, the weather at the center and many other parameters can be viewed at the online smart building kiosk. Many of the design features that make this center a model for energy & environmental design can be viewed in the "green features" section of the kiosk. Check it out.
There are numerous reasons to build a "green building." Environmental benefits include the enhancement and protection of ecosystems and biodiversity, the protection of air and water quality, the reduction of solid waste and the conservation of natural resources. Health and community benefits include improving air, thermal and acoustic environments, enhancing occupant comfort and health, minimizing strain on local infrastructure and contributing to overall quality of life. There are also significant economic benefits like reducing operating costs, enhancing building and land values, improving productivity and learning, and optimizing life-cycle economic performance.
Salt Lake County Library is proud to partner with Rocky Mountain Power for the Blue Sky renewable energy program which generates electricity with little or no emissions. It effectively uses resources that replenish themselves naturally, like wind, solar and biomass. The use of renewable energy at the Viridian West Jordan Library & Event Center, Herriman, Magna and Millcreek Libraries have had the equivalent environmental benefit of hundreds of thousands of miles not driven or thousands of trees planted. Thank you for supporting your community library and helping us help the environment of the Salt Lake valley.
For more information you can visit www.rockymountainpower.net/bluesky.
The new center opened in June, 2012. If you would like to view how the construction process unfolded and interesting facts about the library visit the Library Construction Site for details.
Number of Items Owned: 125,000 items
More Upcoming West Jordan Library Events
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations