West Jordan, Utah 84088
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- LEED GOLD certified building
- The new West Jordan Library is located on the South side of Veterans Memorial Park. The West Jordan library shares the facility with Salt Lake County Library System's Administration and the Viridian Event Center, the exciting community gathering place.
- The West Jordan library is close to the West Jordan City Center trax and bus lines F578, F590, 217 and 218.
- 26 computers w/Internet, Microsoft Office and Printing. Four computers in the children's area.
- Free WiFi.
- The West Jordan library has an excellent collection of cookbooks as well as new urban homesteading collection for guidance with your backyard chickens.
- The West Jordan library has two small meeting conference rooms available for meetings or study groups.
- The West Jordan library has study areas throughout the library's perimeter .
- Spanish Collection.
Energy & Environmental Design
This new center was designed for world class energy savings, minimal environment impact, and conservation of resources. Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) is a set of sustainable principles that can be used to ensure new buildings are designed and constructed with relevant environmental considerations. The center has been certified to the LEED Gold level which is the second highest certification awarded by the LEED organization.
The Viridian West Jordan Library & Event Center energy production, its energy consumption, the weather at the center and many other parameters can be viewed at the online smart building kiosk. Many of the design features that make this center a model for energy & environmental design can be viewed in the "green features" section of the kiosk. Check it out.
There are numerous reasons to build a "green building." Environmental benefits include the enhancement and protection of ecosystems and biodiversity, the protection of air and water quality, the reduction of solid waste and the conservation of natural resources. Health and community benefits include improving air, thermal and acoustic environments, enhancing occupant comfort and health, minimizing strain on local infrastructure and contributing to overall quality of life. There are also significant economic benefits like reducing operating costs, enhancing building and land values, improving productivity and learning, and optimizing life-cycle economic performance.
Salt Lake County Library is proud to partner with Rocky Mountain Power for the Blue Sky renewable energy program which generates electricity with little or no emissions. It effectively uses resources that replenish themselves naturally, like wind, solar and biomass. The use of renewable energy at the Viridian West Jordan Library & Event Center, Herriman, Magna and Millcreek Libraries have had the equivalent environmental benefit of hundreds of thousands of miles not driven or thousands of trees planted. Thank you for supporting your community library and helping us help the environment of the Salt Lake valley.
For more information you can visit www.rockymountainpower.net/bluesky.
The new center opened in June, 2012.
Number of Items Owned: 125,000 items
More Upcoming West Jordan Library Events
- 10:15 AM to 11:00 AM - West Jordan Programming Room: Join us for stories, songs and rhymes, and a simple craft or playtime. A mix of activities for younger and older kids, from ages 1 to 5.We’ll use fun and creative activities that focus on the early literacy skills (talking, singing, reading, writing and playing) that will help you prepare your child for school.Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5PoE5ZvYUJBDATfjxz%2bhVuKS4dJ8x%2bPeVZJitMj1LySWZecPcmCPw8
- 11:15 AM to 12:00 PM - West Jordan Programming Room: Join us for stories, songs and rhymes, and a simple craft or playtime. A mix of activities for younger and older kids, from ages 1 to 5.We’ll use fun and creative activities that focus on the early literacy skills (talking, singing, reading, writing and playing) that will help you prepare your child for school.Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6I9TfYucXS9QlXL0nUC0I8nKnjrUaFANViVjCClSE6eltPf04tHUtY
- 1:15 PM to 2:00 PM - West Jordan Programming Room: Join us for books, music, fingerplays, and a fun craft. Geared towards 3 to 5 year olds with a caring adult.Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5T71Y0U5695HUsr%2fqAKNsOfu7v53BFcbqpTjuevYkwvCwV8QIj7FFV
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - West Jordan Programming Room: Find out how to raise chickens from start to finish: preparation; breed selection; housing, food, and water; chickens and your garden; legalities and your neighborhood; hazards and health management; raising chicks; and collecting and storing eggs.Tue, 28 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4EIRBnXw9%2bqdQXEEhPp36msn5NwukDLZDzuaBWr1QPprZXQC9%2b0iUi
- 10:15 AM to 11:00 AM - West Jordan Programming Room: Join us for books, music, fingerplays, and a fun craft. Geared towards 3 to 5 year olds with a caring adult.Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6uPNg0DXgVIBR8Ugitm%2fvhDgx6kP1dmIKD44iHfEKaMhJKcP2BmIt3
- 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM - West Jordan Programming Room: Engage your child's imagination through the power of play. Come to the library and enjoy an open play session with other children, fun toys, and activities.For babies to preschoolers, with a caring adult.Tue, 28 Mar 2017 17:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6mhyqmUt7y7176IDCX%2bEOiLjNygdQsDtS6IYO6VuQMuJTp3u7jXUVf
- 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM - West Jordan Programming RoomTue, 28 Mar 2017 22:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4k18ELZOkUyhUHbPdiVDc9T%2bVsmGjp7ckRzU3pLFoLJjcEA%2bVSXrW1
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - West Jordan Programming Room: Come join the West Jordan Library kids' book club for lively discussions, activities, friendship and fun! Great for 8-12 year olds with a caring adult. This month we will be reading Book Scavenger by Jennifer Bertman Chambliss.Wed, 29 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6Z1JiSozDcRsiPPzSb0iG2VsgA%2fjq44yWhRjbDA5Awhlpq5RtLbg%2bx
- 10:15 AM to 10:45 AM - West Jordan Programming RoomWed, 29 Mar 2017 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J707CZLgeWGL1UDrbaACgmZXQh84HwJTP4eBI0X%2bPAEKIPxDbPORAdQ
- 11:15 AM to 11:45 AM - West Jordan Programming Room: Storytime for the smallest of pre-readers, newborn to two years old.Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7S5z8bK1n86aX5yQh2hACTRHoUD0N2YlzP0wAOgZ6XEBFJacogj4fA
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations