10673 South Redwood Road
South Jordan, Utah 84095
South Jordan, Utah 84095
Mon. - Thurs.
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 9 pm
Fri. - Sat.
10 am - 6 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- The South Jordan Library opened in October 2005, and has roughly 20,000 square feet of space.
- The South Jordan Library is adjacent to South Jordan's Towne Center, a business district with shopping and dining, as well as South Jordan City Hall. The South Jordan Community Center, Fitness Center, and City Park, are all a short walk away. During the winter, South Jordan has an ice rink on the fountain adjacent to the library.
- Large Meeting room: seats 72 people.
- Small Meeting room: seats 10 people. It may be reserved by contacting the South Jordan Information desk, in person or over the phone.
- Reading and Study Areas: Throughout the library, some with fantastic vistas of Mount Olympus and the east valley mountains.
- 25 public computers w/Internet access, Microsoft Office and Printing.
- WiFi Access.
- Spanish Collection.
- One of the unique features of the South Jordan Library is its 110-foot long public art piece "River" by Day Christensen. Nearly 600 birch plywood letters suspended from the ceiling make up more than 70 words and phrases important in the history of the South Jordan area.
- In 2006, the building was awarded a Silver Leadership in Environment and Energy Design (LEED) certification by the LEED organization. LEED is a set of standards used to measure a building's impact on the natural environment.
Number of Items Owned: 108,000 items
More Upcoming South Jordan Library Events
10:30 AM to 11:30 AM - South Jordan Meeting Room: To all parents with young children (birth-5): join us during this open play time, for a chance to see and use developmentally appropriate toys with your children. You'll also have the opportunity, if you wish, to answer a screening questionnaire that will help you see how your own child is growing. Help Me Grow, our partners from United Way, will be on hand to answer developmental and parenting questions. Come play with us!Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:30:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7UAVY02VICjwRfyLvUAAOTX78lqd8ZeZEbDfb4xqGvsV0dke22Bea5
4:00 PM to 5:00 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: This is not just any book club. Read what you want, talk about what you read, and hang out with people who love reading just as much as you do.Wed, 03 Dec 2014 23:00:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7mehkbXdEcQMW0EUGYAMduEdApQ9snP9og8RN2TVv217ibgVt5gmw2
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Come visit the library as part of the South Jordan City's Light the Night celebrations. The library will be extending its hours until 9:00pm as part of this special event. We will have a craft for the kids and a warm place to watch the ice skating rink.Sat, 06 Dec 2014 01:30:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4m0pZBrnv9XHGS8gO9zYoHH12WQbB%2brVDb%2fxEeM4Z%2bNjAB1fAc3t87
12:00 PM to 12:45 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Salt Lake Acting Company presents selections from the magical musical A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD, which follows the woodland adventures of two amphibious friends, a worrywart toad and a perky frog, along with their assorted colorful hopping, crawling, and flying companions. Based on the celebrated books by Arnold Lobel, the musical version of A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD is written by brothers Willie Reale (book and lyrics) and Robert Reale (music). More information at www.saltlakeactingcompany.orgTue, 09 Dec 2014 19:00:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J74OD9kajDU0o1%2bK2aTQKK%2b26L9XB%2bHpHGK1FfsOGEbBp75kSUFY843
4:30 PM to 5:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: For tweens in 4th - 7th grades. Bring on the snow! We're celebrating winter with snowman relay races and other fun snow related activities.Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:30:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7Na%2fMmZrY%2bITPZ%2brCd%2bFrypvIef7jA2l2AxsbIQd%2fVNb0Db5OMK5zh
4:30 PM to 5:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Celebrate Hour of Code, learn basics of Scratch programming, and create an interactive holiday card thatyou can send to someone you care about. For ages 8-13. We will have a few iPads available to borrow but we encourage kids to bring their laptops or tablets to use during the program. Learn more about Hour of Code at http://csedweek.org/Thu, 11 Dec 2014 23:30:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6hawInWBCIdKp0Lz3OYtoyHuEOqE9G5qQq%2fp51h8fkXqu%2bV%2fCiq9TO
4:00 PM to 5:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Middle and high schoolers, come share your novellas, short stories, and poems with other teens who love to write for fun. Read your writing out loud, edit with groups, get feedback and inspiration. Meets every month.Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:00:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7Wg53pwAr3XysVgov0jlz8GVOw8o%2fugGF%2bJEWmmmentQHTLN40bikb
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Join our TAB! Teens assist with planning and implementing library programs for their peers, make new friends, and earn volunteer hours. To attend, youth must be between the ages of 12 and 18 and have completed a Volunteer Application, available at the Information Desk.Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:00:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5E02Si5q7y3OYXpD7BEpalcjtdKiwAK0MF4XK8f9FTCGnw1mRdRL%2by
4:00 PM to 5:00 PM - South Jordan Meeting RoomWed, 07 Jan 2015 23:00:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5jtB8W6iO0mkYPbYUj%2bpXSKB3dKxis%2bZdiZdzYYtV5WHP8DvX%2bIDeA
4:30 PM to 5:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Reading Adventures is an afterschool program for kids in kindergarten to 2nd grade. Join us for fun activities! Call 801-943-4636 for more information. January: Let’s go on an African Safari! Have fun as we travel to Africa, look for African animals and play some African games. All without leaving the library!Thu, 08 Jan 2015 23:30:00 GMThttp://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6JCoQVAm0kij42Qq1tJjdfslvg%2fM7G%2bEcyhPhezAxjQGE5svpWqmG5
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations