10673 South Redwood Road
South Jordan, Utah 84095
South Jordan, Utah 84095
Mon. - Thurs.
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 9 pm
Fri. - Sat.
10 am - 6 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- The South Jordan Library opened in October 2005, and has roughly 20,000 square feet of space.
- The South Jordan Library is adjacent to South Jordan's Towne Center, a business district with shopping and dining, as well as South Jordan City Hall. The South Jordan Community Center, Fitness Center, and City Park, are all a short walk away. During the winter, South Jordan has an ice rink on the fountain adjacent to the library.
- Large Meeting room: seats 72 people.
- Small Meeting room: seats 10 people. It may be reserved by contacting the South Jordan Information desk, in person or over the phone.
- Reading and Study Areas: Throughout the library, some with fantastic vistas of Mount Olympus and the east valley mountains.
- 25 public computers w/Internet access, Microsoft Office and Printing.
- WiFi Access.
- Spanish Collection.
- One of the unique features of the South Jordan Library is its 110-foot long public art piece "River" by Day Christensen. Nearly 600 birch plywood letters suspended from the ceiling make up more than 70 words and phrases important in the history of the South Jordan area.
- In 2006, the building was awarded a Silver Leadership in Environment and Energy Design (LEED) certification by the LEED organization. LEED is a set of standards used to measure a building's impact on the natural environment.
Number of Items Owned: 108,000 items
More Upcoming South Jordan Library Events
10:00 AM to 10:30 AM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Audience: Family Everyone is invited for stories, songs, and fun. This is a FAMILY storytime, so bring everyone(moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, etc. You get the idea.)Wed, 27 Jul 2016 16:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7ifN4blTzmr902M9EmUcVmsOGkadUvB0WsXFGsGAuRBF2Kr2l6V%2fti
2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Kearns Library: How can I prepare to attend college? In this class, open to teens and adults, learn the basic steps to search for scholarships and financial aid and ways to begin a college fund. This program is made possible by a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through Smart investing@your library®, a partnership with the American Library Association.Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J53z7H1kQzA%2bI%2bsCGg%2fwEJ08wwz0SwdjRBFJhsqsDyUH5uo4QX9CEQw
4:00 PM to 5:30 PM - South Jordan Conference Room: Middle and high school age writers: share your original work with other teens and get feedback and inspiration. Meets every Wednesday during the summer months in the small conference room.Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6VNna2HGX9Yz8%2fFfh1ifBfo4qL7ISvgnAFWTnPyJrGStHgC1LXBFpB
10:00 AM to 10:30 AM - South Jordan Meeting Room: Audience: Family Everyone is invited for stories, songs, and fun. This is a FAMILY storytime, so bring everyone(moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, etc. You get the idea.)Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7ifN4blTzmr902M9EmUcVmv8dHbi1UZs%2fmTCqOkDibhKS6SdINTepo
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: South Jordan Library Presents Quidditch What could be more fun than playing real life Quidditch? Get in the game and meet Major League Quidditch players from the Crimson Fliers team who will teach Quidditch skills and lead several matches. Program will take place in the grassy area to the south of the library. For teens in middle and high school.Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5E%2bdhA9MqIg3b%2f1Y2HBU5bfK6N2o7Y1tc46rFtWVHCa3rid0QSu6qR
7:00 PM to 8:15 PM - South Jordan Meeting RoomFri, 29 Jul 2016 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6S%2bvyS7Ncfij%2fEZjc46bnFESXmX1BtuJY76GtsxJQWJUDvVzHE%2f7vf
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Viridian A & B: Debut author and national celebrity Rhonda Stapley will share her book I Survived Ted Bundy: The Attack, Escape, and PTSD That Changed My Life.Pre-order your signed copy from The King's English today, by either calling the store at 801-484-9100 or ordering online. Please specify if you will be attending the event and if you want your book personalized.The book will also be available for purchase at the event. This event will take place at the Library's Viridian Event Center8030 South 1825 WestWest Jordan, UTFri, 29 Jul 2016 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4KMKffdx1HEHF4As5Is9XGzdJMYcqcoxh6hwVncioBINS6SsKtKWeL
4:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Viridian A, B, C & Amphitheater: Salt Lake County Library Services is excited to once again put on our popular and nationally recognized teen anime convention: ToshoCON. Teens 12-19 can participate for free on Friday July 29th from 3-9pm and Saturday July 30th from 3-10pm at the Viridian Event Center (8030 South 1825 West, West Jordan 84088)More info at our website here: http://www.slcolibrary.org/teen/toshoCon/index.htmFri, 29 Jul 2016 22:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7vPi%2fRbgs8yI%2fmgQ0hR%2bH%2bptDUtJUAUk0KElccSHILFnq1GCpraPUQ
3:00 PM to 10:00 PM - Viridian A, B, C & Amphitheater: Salt Lake County Library Services is excited to once again put on our popular and nationally recognized teen anime convention: ToshoCON. Teens 12-19 can participate for free on Friday July 29th from 3-9pm and Saturday July 30th from 3-10pm at the Viridian Event Center (8030 South 1825 West, West Jordan 84088)More info on our website here: http://www.slcolibrary.org/teen/toshoCon/index.htmSat, 30 Jul 2016 21:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7vPi%2fRbgs8yI%2fmgQ0hR%2bH%2bKNw7dW0pEZWtlXzCu%2fm4h1L4%2baeyYMME
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM - South Jordan Meeting Room: 3D Animation for the whole family. Come for some hands on fun as we learn to create animation on a computer.Tue, 02 Aug 2016 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J72YztDAgGmk3JVFjwo8rHURRauC%2bsruRYQ%2fFu3rXqpIERiFEZyADWy
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations