Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 6 pm
Calvin S. Smith will be closed for maintenance March 15 until early summer. Holds may be picked up at Columbus or Millcreek branches.
- 18 public PCs w/Internet, MS and Printing.
- WiFi Access.
- Square Feet - 8100.
- One Conference Room with white erase board and holds 8-10 persons comfortably.
- Quiet Study Area (Not enclosed, but multiple tables are available).
- The eyes in the portrait of Calvin S. Smith "follow" patrons and staff as we move about the library.
- Untitled, a triptych by Mark Petersen, is hung behind the Information Desk. The art work is on loan from the County collection.
- Bus routes: 33, 209, 320 and 307 .
- Close to Roosevelt Elementary School (900 E 3300 S); Nibley Park School and Nibley Park.
- Spanish Collection.
Number of Items Owned: 28,500 items
More Upcoming Calvin S. Smith Library Events
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Taylorsville Meeting Room: Adults. Learn about historic fairy tales, how to read them, and their impact on modern culture with Karin Baumgartner. Dr. Baumgartner is Professor of World Languages and Cultures at the University of Utah. She is the author of multiple books and articles on the culture of Romantic Germany. She regularly teaches the course “From Grimm to Disney” and introduces students to the mystery of the Brothers Grimm. No registration required.Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J59oVnSFob9kbyMQibkP47JJgpVlVf39I%2bnhNgx8V2RtrqWRis2WHXi
- 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Draper Meeting Room: Author Liz Wright shares tips for traveling the world on a tight budget. Wright will offer a presentation and provide a book signing immediately following.Books will be available for purchase at the event. If you miss this event, you can catch Ms. Wright on April 3rd at the Holladay Library.Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J47robC%2b%2frj3tTLUWnhl2NWBOFhapQs3bjvp%2bKrIWV3rpM1dnKBvx1Z
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Holladay Meeting Room: Author Liz Wright shares tips for traveling the world on a tight budget. Wright will offer a presentation and provide a book signing immediately following.Books will be available for purchase at the event.If you can't make this event, you can catch Ms. Wright on March 29 at the Draper Library.Tue, 04 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7TLhfPtl1%2buSNCdCQ0MX1OYJq2RAVwmPGpCtwhnJeJmbRiYSioMJaC
- 7:00 PM to 8:45 PM - Herriman Meeting Room: Join us as we welcome NYT Bestselling author, Maria V. Snyder, to the Herriman library! Ms. Snyder is promoting the 6th and final book in the Poison Study series and will be doing a presentation, Q&A, and book signing.Books will be available for purchase from The King's English Bookshop onsite.Fri, 07 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J72XM7HnKQe9h%2bprRotAmj9KBq63JeikZc2HdneHauRD5vvS6vphaQR
- 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM - Holladay Meeting Room: Teens! Anyone can be a poet! This hour long workshop taught by local poetry instructor Florin Nielsen focuses on the appreciation of poetry through listening, visualizing, and creating verses. By the end of the lesson, you will have crafted your very own poem (maybe without realizing it)! This fun and engaging class will help you experience this art form in a whole new way.Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6r44r2hbU%2fiogTMpCNApcjBzfqn%2fQ%2fwtdksKZs75tHAXuL4TpE9QDV
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Viridian A & B: Brandon Mull will be visiting the Library's Viridian Event Center to promote Dragonwatch, the long-awaited sequel to the Fablehaven series.There will be two contests for folks under 18 years old: Golden Ticket package drawing at each branch which includes a copy of Dragonwatch, VIP seating at the event and book signing. Golden Ticket entries will be available starting March 27, 2017. Dragonwatch contest: Details coming soon! Visit https://www.facebook.com/saltlakecountylibrary/ for updates.Books will be available for purchase at the event from The King’s English Bookshop onsite.Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J79POUbUdowuBVYIYDa8OEOnUkiNNe98b96FO%2f%2fgj4PPZErFbwbXF8i
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Whitmore Meeting Room: Celebrate Spring by using plants to create your life’s story. Authors Ellen Buchert and Johanna Buchert Smith will teach you how to take those precious moments marked by flowers and create a garden of living memories.Books will be available for purchase at the event from the Printer Garden. (No purchase necessary to attend.)Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J55llUkiOo1srd006PtBmGG7d%2feI%2bQT8vLGtFCjVztcfVJp3blLwMJk
- 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Millcreek Library: Join the Writer's Edge/Unusual Suspects for the workshop "Selling Your Book: Querying and Pitches" Dave (D.J.) Butler is a lawyer by education and by day is a corporate trainer. Dave writes epic fantasy (Witchy Eye,) steampunk (City of the Saints), urban fantasy (Rock Band Fights Evil), and middle grade adventure stories (The Kidnap Plot). He's sold successfully to multiple agents and publishers, and to thousands of readers.In his spare time, he plays guitar and boardgames and studies obscure languages.Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6lufNO6oD7hMKegWBLEYngsElvnff%2fDSRApi%2bemnKjlV0yjkEjczkG
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Millcreek Rooms A&B&C: Join us after-hours at the Millcreek Library to learn from celebrated New Yorker columnist and author David Owen. Mr. Owen will be discussing his latest book Where the Water Goes: Life and Death Along the Colorado River, answering questions and signing books.Books will be available for purchase from The Printed Garden onsite.Sat, 22 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7EjWIt5YwqLAqPp17muXtKX%2ftCe3qW4WqWMCfyKGafBSP2pIk4qqhl
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Smith Library Three different raptors on parade give children and families a chance to see them up close and learn about them from a Hawkwatch International expert.Sat, 22 Apr 2017 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5uC6%2bVrmIhhnRBJX%2bOyAhsFentujOeyH1pSkz%2fzW2yH2nU8WZXQk0s
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations