5350 South 4220 West
Kearns, Utah 84118
Kearns, Utah 84118
Mon. - Thurs.
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 9 pm
Fri. - Sat.
10 am - 6 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- Kearns library was built in 1964 and serves a dynamic and diverse community, with approximately 22,000 visitors per month.
- Located on 4220 West in Kearns, just a half block north of 5400 South near the Kearns Unified Police Sub-station.
- A friendly, trained staff is available to help find informational and entertaining materials, including electronic materials.
- The Library is 11,346 sq. ft. and houses a collection of books, audiobooks, movies, music, magazines, and newspapers, most of which are available to borrow, including a Spanish language collection of approximately 2,600 items.
- Downloadable and streaming materials (eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, and movies) are offered system-wide.
- Programs are presented for all ages, some in Spanish. Storytimes, after school programs, teen anime club, and gamer's club are offered regularly, as well as a monthly sensory program for those with autism or other special needs.
- The Library offers 25 computers for public use and free wireless access. Public computers provide access to the Internet, Microsoft Office, and printing. Designated job search computers are available for extended use.
- A conference room for up to 8 people is available for small groups. A meeting room with an 80 person capacity is available for public meetings. A piano can be used for a small fee in conjunction with use of the large meeting room.
Number of Items Owned: 75,800 items
More Upcoming Kearns Library Events
10:30 AM to 11:30 AM - Kearns Meeting Room: School-Age Sensory Fun is an awesome special needs program for older children and teens. This free activity group is aimed at those on the autism spectrum, but all school aged youth with special needs are welcome. Siblings and friends are also welcome. The attendance of an adult caregiver is required.Sat, 01 Oct 2016 16:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6ljPOzmrhcHbF2eTq6QVXmx34MwNOMN0wOdsSgj3yY3jLYwayfLsXf
10:15 AM to 12:00 PM - Kearns Meeting Room: Play with toys, learn and grow, make new friends at the library!Mon, 03 Oct 2016 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5s9iADxbpBPXUqqa5DBPmsHpyxnsHXeinVtm7N5oiTwU16rZDU8hNo
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Kearns Conference Room: Kearns Library offers free referrals through South Valley Services' Community Resource Center. A case manager is available to help you receive access to low cost and free services, including domestic violence prevention, legal aid, free clinics, English classes, parenting classes, counseling, and low cost housing. Walk-ins are welcome, or call 801-255-1095 ext. 251.Tue, 04 Oct 2016 19:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4ltoi3cdO8eFsYzPv1DH5ewQHLTzUsgPOxY9HdSMWng6GeN8HP%2bZyp
3:30 PM to 4:30 PM - Kearns Meeting Room: Discover the mystery and meaning of henna tattoos and have a tattoo applied.Wed, 05 Oct 2016 21:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6HeJfIQZ0XeWQnHeah3ul02vyYg9J4%2b37SnFPxjGGI0nuz25Ojwoz%2f
10:15 AM to 10:45 AM - Kearns Meeting RoomThu, 06 Oct 2016 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J73ShFEtAJNFXIPKyhBynseNpPLDIFPGS%2b47DoHLfF%2fsRLfhkdJsF75
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Kearns Meeting RoomThu, 06 Oct 2016 17:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5PVX88sYbzX4v8IA5SrmOGXO%2fgPXp%2byIaTA%2b8OYKcVraK%2b1I0udfGc
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Kearns Meeting Room: Quilting is a fun and relaxing hobby that anyone can learn! Bring your own materials and our instructor can help you decide on a project. This class is free and will teach you quilting basics.Fri, 07 Oct 2016 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4KmO4wdTc%2fkdsiBJy9qE9HJWJSW9OlY9i19JvCQarV%2fbv2BwNyWrKE
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Kearns Meeting Room: November is National Writing Month. Adults and teens get inspired to write with master teachers and best-selling authors Elana Johnson, Peggy Eddleman, and Ali Cross in this workshop Outline Your Novel based on the "Save the Cat" method. Pre-registration is encouraged: https://goo.gl/forms/JnNBNHaUe34kY7Iv2Sat, 08 Oct 2016 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J5lZlEdCMVnmVcSaI9gPrycW8z%2bgS2rfMoaMQoo3KLnXpFIAY%2bCpuYM
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Kearns Conference Room: Kearns Library offers free referrals through South Valley Services' Community Resource Center. A case manager is available to help you receive access to low cost and free services, including domestic violence prevention, legal aid, free clinics, English classes, parenting classes, counseling, and low cost housing. Walk-ins are welcome, or call 801-255-1095 ext. 251.Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4ltoi3cdO8eFsYzPv1DH5e0%2bsZG5%2bOJn%2fSGOJz0DeJBzJ0nRTKcUDF
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Kearns Meeting Room: Come get moving with certified instructors in a fun fitness class based on the music and dance of the Bollywood film industry. This event is free and is intended for adults and older teens.Wed, 12 Oct 2016 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7Ac5ZzCwDE6Fp7sLrRLHGxKBxZ03kyhHQdK9bkp%2f1v%2b%2bdVbwXKerIS
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations