2530 South 500 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
Mon. - Thurs.
10 am - 9 pm
10 am - 9 pm
Fri. - Sat.
10 am - 6 pm
10 am - 6 pm
- The Columbus Library is located inside the Columbus Community Center. In addition to the library, the Community Center houses a Parks and Recreation center, complete with gym, and a senior Citizens Center.
- The #205 bus stops right outside the library, and the new Sugarhouse streetcar "S" link runs along 2220 South, just a few blocks from us.
- Number of Public Computers: 17.
- WiFi access available.
- Spanish Collection.
- Meeting/Conference Rooms: None. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Center for information about using the community center auditorium.
- No designated Quiet Study Area, but the library is very conducive to quiet study from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM.
- The Columbus Center was originally built in 1917 and operated as an elementary school until the late 1960's. After that, it had served different incarnations, and was finally abandoned and left to fall apart. It was purchased by South Salt Lake in the late 1990's and renovated.
- The Columbus Library used to be located on Morris Avenue and was called the South Salt Lake Library. It was a little 3,000 square foot space we occupied for about ten years. In 2002 we were invited to move into our new 9,000 square foot space.
Number of Items Owned: 72,000 items
More Upcoming Columbus Library Events
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Columbus Library: Free assistance in referral services through the Community Resource Center. A case manager will be available to assist in getting access to low cost or free services such as attorneys, parenting classes, utilities, or English classes.Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4gBzzxD4gGtMkV29RPoPHohEcxRNEphrLu5w8Bv7d4hLEnfax2k%2fBB
10:15 AM to 11:00 AM - Columbus Library: An informal book talk in various genres on a variety of themes. We meet at 10:15 a.m. on the last Wednesday of the month, in the senior center in the computer/craft room. This month we will be discussing historical fiction.Wed, 31 Aug 2016 16:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7CV2QFImxZyDJtyJppHEXmXUuXEn4Kv8iuG84ETeIG%2bL5QjQ37B1kT
4:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Columbus Library: Get into the race with a special craft each Wednesday. Drop by between 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.Finish the Summer Library Program with a ball. Make your own bouncy ball.Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6dUV7T26oJH0PXbmRjUlqNgQtN4hbM1bj0lQLLDBH784k1wNdwGVTN
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM - Columbus Library: A fitness class based on the music and dance of the Bollywood film industry. For teens and adults. Meet in Room 106.Wed, 07 Sep 2016 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6QYn37v5%2fyB6eXKSPaHPDfsoVgkXRmCMoDgeCOacrdQqe2wUFOa01e
4:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Columbus Library: Join the club and do some creating the first Wednesdays of the month. Drop by and participate in a different craft each month. Create your own bookmark using a special bookmark scratch offWed, 07 Sep 2016 22:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7gkjclGCIw7pUcRCG1ck6nbruVcTT4%2bf5e6GEb7rGU4mnMAPt0IWd7
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM - Columbus LibraryFri, 09 Sep 2016 16:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6Xk%2bEbWOeuvIM2E0P0dbzWjtrN0nXPi684rPvZ7kCwyuyJRdVegEf%2f
10:30 AM to 11:00 AM - Columbus Library: Stories, songs, and fun activities for children 2-5 years old with a caring adult. Meet in the children's area.Fri, 09 Sep 2016 16:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4vw8yXiQaq06SEeEvaSCyi37LpNQ0w73nKD%2bKlOfQBEkexqAQWKyOf
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Columbus Library: Free assistance in referral services through the Community Resource Center. A case manager will be available to assist in getting access to low cost or free services such as attorneys, parenting classes, utilities, or English classes.Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J50puBEjeLMvbXbopPmuSIkhbYGBJyzqLPL41REEB%2bLInCRouRW0RAX
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM - Columbus Library: A fitness class based on the music and dance of the Bollywood film industry. For teens and adults. Meet in Room 106.Wed, 14 Sep 2016 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6QYn37v5%2fyB6eXKSPaHPDfDqaV7TkzNnwKBB2DmavxJp6X3tp4pYWW
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Columbus Library: A book discussion group for adults. We meet in the senior center the second Tuesday of the month. Newcomers welcome. This month we will be discussing the book Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison.Wed, 14 Sep 2016 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.slcolibrary.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7F5rR%2bChBuwZ4EwcHMbgSEdwPtwCP4joP6c%2fsJATQNWMRt7AaBbg8l
For more information, call our Customer Services Department at (801) 943-4636 or register online.Online Room Reservations