8030 S. 1825 W.
West Jordan, Utah 84088
West Jordan, Utah 84088
Business Office Hours:
Mon. - Fri
10 am - 5 pm
10 am - 5 pm
- The Library's Viridian Event Center is a multi-use event space with endless event potential. The Center is designed to accommodate events produced by the Salt Lake County Library Services, Salt Lake County, local government entities and organizations and as a rentable resource for local events. It brings a whole new world of possibilities ranging from author presentations, music and concerts, movies, festivals, fairs, meetings, school dances, fundraising galas, weddings, receptions and more.
- A large multipurpose room of 7,100 sq. ft. can be sub-divided into two or three sections.
- The building lobby functions as a pre-event space.
- An outdoor amphitheater can be connected to the indoor multipurpose room.
- A catering kitchen and easily accessible loading dock are available behind the scenes.
- You can find more about upcoming events, rental rates and availability at the Viridian website.
- Come learn, relax, play and be inspired at the Viridian.
More Upcoming Viridian Event Center Events
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Viridian B: Each spring we screen a fun series of films, from 80’s classics to Spielberg specials. For 2017 we will show films featuring Tom Hanks.Dates: Mondays; March 6, 13, 20 & 27Time: 7 pm03/06: Toy StoryA little boy named Andy loves to be in his room, playing with his toys, especially his doll named 'Woody'. But, what do the toys do when Andy is not with them, they come to life. Woody believes that he has life (as a toy) good. However, he must worry about Andy's family moving, and what Woody does not know is about Andy's birthday party. Woody does not realize that Andy's mother gave him an action figure known as Buzz Lightyear, who does not believe that he is a toy, and quickly becomes Andy's new favorite toy. Woody, who is now consumed with jealousy, tries to get rid of Buzz. Then, both Woody and Buzz are now lost. They must find a way to get back to Andy before he moves without them, but they will have to pass through a ruthless toy killer, Sid Phillips.03/13: BigA young boy makes a wish at a carnival machine to be big. He wakes up the following morning to find that it has been granted and his body has grown older overnight. But he is still the same 13-year-old boy inside. Now he must learn how to cope with the unfamiliar world of grown-ups including getting a job and having his first romantic encounter with a woman. What will he find out about this strange world? 03/20: SplashAllen Bauer is rescued from drowning as a young boy off Cape Cod by a young mermaid. Years later, he returns to the same location, and once again manages to fall into the sea, and is rescued once more by the mermaid (Allen isn't sure what he has seen and what he has imagined). Using maps from a sunken ship, the mermaid decides to search for Allen in New York City, sprouting legs when her tail dries. On finding Allen, they fall in love, but she has a secret, which will no longer be a secret if she gets her legs wet.03/27: Forrest GumpForrest Gump is a simple man with a low I.Q. but good intentions. He is running through childhood with his best and only friend Jenny. His 'mama' teaches him the ways of life and leaves him to choose his destiny. Forrest joins the army for service in Vietnam, finding new friends called Dan and Bubba, he wins medals, creates a famous shrimp fishing fleet, inspires people to jog, starts a ping-pong craze, creates the smiley, writes bumper stickers and songs, donates to people and meets the president several times. However, this is all irrelevant to Forrest who can only think of his childhood sweetheart Jenny Curran, who has messed up her life. Although in the end all he wants to prove is that anyone can love anyone.Tue, 28 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4TWOFkIJMquALZJrAkH5eLfxP00yK0oroLWX6U%2bJkTyXzm1jk8u7wg
- 6:15 PM to 8:15 PM - Park View A & B: Learn every Tuesday night with free classes at the Library's Viridian Event Center:Smart Dating is taught through USU Extension. Great for singles and dating couples!Classes are free, but you must register to attend.Learn how to follow your heart without losing your mind in this FREE fun-filled class.Must be 18 or older.For more information, visit http://healthyrelationshipsutah.org/class_descriptions/smart-dating-class-descriptionWed, 29 Mar 2017 00:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4yYUxtiSZL3bgp407NqZJksHzzrU51suRKjdkFeK61yrfh0zEBYp9E
- 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM - Viridian B: Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday, come learn and experience free Tuesday night classes @ Viridian. This class provides information about strategies to minimize taxes during retirement. Understand tax rules and identify misconceptions about taxes in retirement.Wed, 29 Mar 2017 00:30:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4oPxgyt5YHSiZevg7nEXV6K0jU8XOGldeX7sj4AXxQVlqJsCTS7YV%2f
- 7:00 PM to 9:15 PM - Viridian C: Every Tuesday, come learn and experience free classes at the Library's Viridian Event Center. Come learn about medieval weapons, armor and artistry while dueling and experiencing hands on crafts.Wed, 29 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J56%2beuo0TV8e85VZtC8rOd3i4bEGK7wJdA5to3rMkzQ%2f%2fk%2bkF9roEsB
- 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM - Draper Meeting Room: Author Liz Wright shares tips for traveling the world on a tight budget. Wright will offer a presentation and provide a book signing immediately following.Books will be available for purchase at the event. If you miss this event, you can catch Ms. Wright on April 3rd at the Holladay Library.Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J47robC%2b%2frj3tTLUWnhl2NWBOFhapQs3bjvp%2bKrIWV3rpM1dnKBvx1Z
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Taylorsville Meeting Room: Adults. Learn about historic fairy tales, how to read them, and their impact on modern culture with Karin Baumgartner. Dr. Baumgartner is Professor of World Languages and Cultures at the University of Utah. She is the author of multiple books and articles on the culture of Romantic Germany. She regularly teaches the course “From Grimm to Disney” and introduces students to the mystery of the Brothers Grimm. No registration required.Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J59oVnSFob9kbyMQibkP47JJgpVlVf39I%2bnhNgx8V2RtrqWRis2WHXi
- 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Viridian A & B : West Jordan Youth Theatre will be holding a fundraiser to help with their upcoming production of High School Musical on March 30th! Come support this wonderful program! There will be a talent show put on by the cast, a silent auction and a sneak peak of the show. We will also have concession treats to buy. The cost is $5 per person or $20 per family up to six people. This will be a fun and entertaining night, please join us.Fri, 31 Mar 2017 00:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J6xyQMN7jIdtODVGSiueY6eSlSHJxmGm%2frLL09%2bHqLeBOfjhspviCGd
- 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM - Viridian B: Join us at the Viridian every first Monday of the month for our free kids movie screenings, brought to you by the Utah Film Center. This film will be presented in French with English subtitles.Mon, 03 Apr 2017 22:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4TNTdgUUDsBENp7X3Wjw0LZLPXce%2b2Ez%2bayXBUNiMRXu%2fVWk1rkY9h
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Holladay Meeting Room: Author Liz Wright shares tips for traveling the world on a tight budget. Wright will offer a presentation and provide a book signing immediately following.Books will be available for purchase at the event.If you can't make this event, you can catch Ms. Wright on March 29 at the Draper Library.Tue, 04 Apr 2017 01:00:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J7TLhfPtl1%2buSNCdCQ0MX1OYJq2RAVwmPGpCtwhnJeJmbRiYSioMJaC
- 6:15 PM to 8:15 PM - Park View A & B: Learn every Tuesday night with free classes at the Library's Viridian Event Center:CoupleLINKS is taught through USU Extension. Lasting Intimacy through Nurturing, Knowledge & Skills.This class is designed for committed or married couples.Classes are free, but you must register to attend.Must be 18 or older.For more information, visit http://healthyrelationshipsutah.org/class_descriptions/couple-links-class-description REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/couple-links-salt-lake-county-class-2816-registration-29752175558Wed, 05 Apr 2017 00:15:00 GMThttps://calendar.viridiancenter.org/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4yYUxtiSZL3bgp407NqZJk5%2ba1axpe7Mz5wRnX4SiznnphIbv7R2gb
For more information on renting space at the Viridian, call
(801) 948-7858 or visit the Viridian Website